Five tips for finding a dentist
- Posted on: Apr 15 2020
When it comes to choosing the dentist right for you and your family, it is important for Arlington, VA area patients to find a dental provider whom they feel comfortable with. At Clarendon Dental Arts, we invite potential patients and families to visit our facility and learn more about our offerings and our staff.
Patients choosing a new dentist may want to consider the following recommendations:
- Choose a dentist who has the qualifications and licensing required to practice in the state. Most dentists will have the title of DMD or DDS, while others who want to continue their schooling and training may become one of nine different dental specialties.
- Check your dental insurance plan to determine if your dentist will accept your plan’s benefits. Not all dental practices take all dental insurance plans, so it is critical to ask the friendly front office staff at the practice if they accept your insurance. If you do not have dental insurance, find out if they offer patient-friendly financing options or payment plans for more extensive dental work.
- Check online for reviews and recommendations. The internet allows us to find more up-to-date information about almost anything and anyone with the click of a mouse! When you are considering a dental practice, make sure they meet their patients’ needs and are affordable, professional, and offer quality treatments.
- Ask questions during a consultation appointment. During your first visit, take time to ask the dentist about what they offer. This also gives patients a chance to get to know the staff on a more personal level to determine if they feel comfortable.
- Consider a practice that offers a wide range of treatments. Instead of having to be referred to other dental specialists for certain procedures, consider a dental team that offers a wide selection of treatments and services under one roof.
Schedule a visit with the team at Clarendon Dental Arts today!
Arlington, VA patients seeking an experienced dentist in their area are encouraged to book a consultation visit with Dr. Danine Fresch Gray by calling (703) 525-5901. The office is conveniently located at 2700 Clarendon Blvd. and accepts new patients and families for general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry.