6 Advantages of Dental Implants
- Posted on: Feb 14 2020
Dental implants continue to be a popular choice for patients in and around the area of Arlington, VA who are seeking tooth replacement options. While other treatments, including bridges and dentures, may be considered, dental implants are often chosen for their functionality, beauty, and longevity.
What is a dental implant?
Dr. Danine Fresch Gray describes a dental implant as a restoration that uses the natural bone of the jaw to support a titanium post. This post is placed during oral surgery to function as a replacement for the lost tooth root. The implant itself is then covered with an abutment when allows for the placement of a bridge, full denture, or a dental crown over the top. This completes the implant and restores the patient’s chewing and speaking functionality.
What are the advantages to using a dental implant?
Dental implants have several benefits that should be considered when comparing tooth replacement options. Some of the advantages include:
- Longevity. With proper care, dental implants will last a lifetime for patients, ensuring decades of functionality.
- Investment. While dental implants are costlier upfront, their long-term placement makes them a smart investment.
- Functionality. Dental implants function just as natural tooth do, ensuring the best possible results.
- Bone maintenance. By wearing bridges or dentures, patients often experience bone resorption. Dental implants help in stimulating the formation of bone through osseointegration, allowing the patient to maintain their bone and the shape of their jaw.
- Versatility. Since dental implants can be used in many different ways, they offer a versatile option for patients missing one or more teeth.
- Stability. When dental implants are used with full dentures, they provide better strength and stability than dentures alone.
Call Clarendon Dental Arts today!
If you reside in the community of Arlington, VA or the surrounding areas and want to discuss the benefits of dental implants with a professional, we urge you to book a consultation with Dr. Danine Fresch Gray. Her practice allows for new and existing patients to find general, cosmetic, and restorative treatments best suited for their unique needs and desires. The practice is located at 2700 Clarendon Boulevard and can be reached by calling (703) 525-5901.
Posted in: Dental Implants